Hello World

I started this blog to share and keep track of my running: information, progress, cross-training, health and nutrition info and things learned along the way. I have the pleasure of living in the San Francisco Bay Area where there are miles of scenic routes to traverse. I've only been running seriously for about 10 months, and my plan is to run not walk towards my 40s with a strong body, thumping heart and open mind.

I just got this idea one day that I wanted to try to do a marathon (ok, the idea came after the idea to do a 5k, 7k, 10k, half-marathon...) so I will keep track of this experiment here.

I'm inspired by the quote "A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step". I look forward to celebrating once I've logged that mile 1,000.

Update: almost 10 years later, I've logged over 8,000 miles, have completed a dozen marathons, an ultra, several triathlons including a half-iron, several century rides, some brevets and 8 Alcatraz crossings! I feel better than ever! I have learned so much about how to take care of my health and have discovered the advantages of cross-training which has kept me injury-free. Achieving my fitness goals and spending time out on nature trails and in the water has improved my health, quality of life and given me immense energy, peace of mind and joyfulness. Keeping a blog helps me focus on my goals, track my progress and remember where I've been. Group training has helped me share this joy with others.

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training