Taper - The Last Speed Workout

I looked at my training plan and noticed that today is the last speed interval run before the marathon. I am new to speed training and just barely learned to run at 8mph for 800m and 1600m intervals this year. It was cold earlier in the season, so I trained indoors on the treadmill and just set the incline at 1 to make up for lack of terrain and weather conditions. From there I would set the treadmill to the most difficult pace I could stand and do the intervals, taking note of my heart rate at different speeds. Then when I am off the mill I can roughly estimate how fast I am going by checking out my heart rate. My new pedometer also helps with that.

I looked at my log and noticed that my best time on my 5-miler was back in February, I did it in 47:09. So today I set out to make it my goal to beat that time. I ran it in 42:12, that is almost 5 minutes faster!

Time to:
- change the battery in my heart rate monitor
- eat and sleep well
- come up with a suitable marathon day strategy
- see if I need new shoes
- decide what to wear for the marathon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap