Friday Happy Hour

My friday happy hour is running speed intervals into the wind. It always takes me quite a bit of motivation to do this workout when I'm a bit tired at the end of the week, but I know that once I'm out there, my heart rate will be elevated and I'll be in the zone, in a completely different frame of mind and feel great afterward. It's a mental game that gets played out every time between the slacker and the action-figure. I'm up to 6 x 800, w/ 400m recovery intervals. I'm doing the 800s between 3:30 - 4:00 min each. To make it easier, I just run 4 minutes hard on my stopwatch, then run easy for a quarter mile. To keep track of my laps I use bracelets. Every time I complete an interval I slide the bracelet to the opposite arm.

I'm getting the wind info from iWindsurf.com. Check out the wind after hurricane IKE! It's still gusty at 35-56mph!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap