Breathing Breakthrough!

Today when I was doing speed intervals I discovered a breathing breakthrough! I noticed that my breathing was very shallow - it's in my chest and I felt out of breath. My fast pace is 2 steps for every inhale, 2 steps for every exhale, mostly breathing through the mouth. Every 3 cycles of this I tried to take a deep inhale through my nose and belly breathe into the core, then resume with the 3 cycles of regular breathing. I continued the deep, shallow pattern throughout the exercise and it helped tremendously! On the hills I adjusted the pattern so it was every 2 cycles. I must've been made aware of this from all the swimming I've been doing. This article also has some insight.

You know Dasher and Dancer, and Prancer and Vixen; Comet and Cupid, and Donner and Blitzen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap