Splish Splash

Today the swimming went swimmingly, except at times I sound like I'm having an asthma attack when I'm gulping for air doing the bilateral breathing. I tried to do a flip turn but I was so slow that I ran out of breath which is not good when you are trying to blow through your nose to prevent chlorinated water from going into your sinuses. Out of curiosity I took my heart rate, which was surprisingly low considering how out of breath and dizzy I felt toward the end. I guess it has nothing to do with oxygen intake, though it felt like such an effort. How will I train at my threshold in this manner? More research and practice needed in the underwater lab.

What would I do without you, Kevin?

Lo and behold: Out of Breath While Swimming >>

and
Swimming and Heart Rate Training

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap