Recovery Zone

I'm taking it easy this week. I ran faster than I ever ran before for 2 hours straight last weekend so I'm pretty stiff. Day 2 post-race was actually worse than day 1. I don't do the cold ice baths thing - I prefer the contrast shower (hot/cold, hot/cold) and a nice balm. What really helps is last night I did a mild run and a mellow stretch. Today I feel way more flexible. When I'm ready I'll resume speedwork with more focus on race pace and heart rate zones. Seeing the benefits even with a minimal amount of workouts is pretty motivating.

This is also low-carb week. Doing Phase 1 of SBD again as a way to tune-up the eating habits. The Squeeze and I did it last year and dropped 5 lbs instantly which didn't return. It's the only diet I've done where you're not even hungry or craving anything. I've already dropped 7 lbs and it has only been 3 days into it...weird! It's not water weight because now I have a digital scale that measures all that. Perhaps it's an afterburn effect of the thousands of calories burned on race day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training