200s

Tonight I swam my half mile in 200 meters sets, with only 3 breaks. I'm slow, but I'm a happy little turtle! 6 months ago I was just learning how to swim. I love how all the trivialities and trifles of the day get washed away underwater. When I feel overwhelmed, I've learned to focus on little technical things that keep my mind from going into the negative zones, such as: counting, trying to keep one goggle underwater, relax the arms, pushing your buoy (chest) down into the water, rotate to the side, high elbows, reach for the wall, flutter kick from the hip, breathe out fully, etc. etc. etc! You see, there's no time to get caught up in stuff this way.

Comments

lilhlfpint said…
Congratulations. That gives me a lot of inspiration because I've been trying to get myself to go swimming and I've been lacking the motivation.
RenĂ© said…
Once you get over the hurdle, then it gets easier.

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap