Having Fun

boogieboarding
Irene and I Boogie Boarding at Kelly's Cove

After the ultra I took a week off to relax and visit family. I had the sniffles for several weeks, but I have a feeling that is because I wasn't taking my regular cold swims in the ocean. After this weekend of going back to the cold water - I AM CURED! Seriously! I'm doing easy workouts for the rest of the year, mostly swimming. I am trying to do my part to swim at least 3-5 miles per week for the USATNCC that our club is competing in. This is more than I usually swim during regular training season and am really enjoying it. My swim times have greatly improved since last summer. Joining a tri club and a swim club has helped challenge me to go the extra mile, I highly recommend it. It has been a great year and I didn't even "plan" it that way, it seemed to evolve organically. I am keeping that in mind as I am looking at next year. The recession has left me living check-to-check and I can't sign up for all the events that I want to. But that's not going to stop me from continuing to improve by training hard and having a great time!

My friend Irene is teaching me how to catch waves. Now that I know how to swim I'm finally having a blast at Ocean Beach!

HAVE A GREAT (safe) HOLIDAY AND A SUPERFAB NEW YEAR!

Comments

Jo Lynn said…
I wish I could have seen you walking on the beach in THOSE shoes! LOLOL
Sorry you had the sniffles. Blah!
Stay well and keep up the hard work. ;)
When are we going to run on your trail?
RenĂ© said…
It is so hard to walk in these flippers let me tell ya. Let's run next weekend if it isn't raining. I'm feeling a lot better.
Jo Lynn said…
Hey girl!
I thought I had your email address, but I don't. Are dogs allowed on the Coastal Trail? I'm available Saturday so let me know how we could hook up to run.
jojomc250 at aol dot com ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap