Week #9

S: 1.5
B:36.7
R:33

The week started off really weak. My poor pup had seizures three nights in a row. His epilepsy surfaces maybe twice a year like this. He has a grand mal, which is followed by constant pacing in half-blind state. That's when I grab his leash and we go for brisk walk outside at 1am. Then 2 hours later, followed by another one. The first night this happened 3 times. The seizures gradually decrease in intensity over the next few days. We're so thankful to have found the right meds and diet for him - this used to happen every 2 months!

I can't think of anything worse for your body and mind than no sleep. He was very exhausted also by the end of it.

I postponed my interval run and plan to up my bike and swim mileage. Here is what the fancy interval run looked like, it's from a FIRST training plan:

I sandwiched this run in some hills, because I heard BSIM is hilly. Maybe I need to check the elevation chart.

Sunday Swims - an excellent swim in the bay. We had a nice big group full of folks training for the ESCAPE. Joseph said it was like a party! The water party was followed by a nice long 20 mile run on the Coastal Bliss loop. It was so windy I got sandblasted at Baker and Ocean beach. It's fun to watch the hawks hang stationary in the wind without flapping their wings. I love my "aid station" at JAVA BEACH! They have bagels, croissants, pastries, and there is water at the very end of the bar. Surprisingly, I actually had energy after my run and stepped out with my man. Maybe it's because I stayed fueled up throughout the run. I wasn't starving afterwards.

Looking forward to another Alcatraz swim this month, time to up the mileage. I think I'm most nervous about the Century and getting prepared for it at the same time as getting prepared for a marathon, but will do my best. The spring events will put me in a good place for the summer triathlon.

Comments

The Green Girl said…
I'm so sorry to hear about your little baby. That is so sad. Poor thing.

Yeay for the FIRST training plan! Whoo hoo!
René said…
he's much better now, back to his bratty little self.
The Green Girl said…
I'm relieved to hear that.

What kind of diet do you have him on? I know for the kids with special needs that suffer from seizures, a lot of their parents put them on the ketogenic diet and it seems to help.
René said…
Yes, he is on the FORCE (may the FORCE be with you) by The Honest Kitchen. It's grain and gluten free. He will also have some organic kibble and raw foods. It helps keep his weight down for the arthritis, which also keeps his required medication dosage down. That type of diet seems to be good for many things!
The Green Girl said…
I'm glad the diet seems to be working. I'd pick diet modification over medication any day.

I agree, healthy diets seem to be the answer to almost everything.

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training