Grizzly Peak Century

April 26 - May 2
S: .25 B:127.45 R:3

Grizzly Peak Century
Grizzly Peak Century
Grizzly Peak Century
Grizzly Peak Century - Almost 10 hours of rolling scenic hills, 8,000 - 10,000 feet of climbing! The ride had awesome support with great volunteers and rest stops in all the right places. The course is well marked with yellow arrows that say "GPC". I didn't have to look at my cue sheet very much. The arrows are still there if you'd like to give it a shot, but take lots of water. Orinda BART is just 6 miles from the start. Check the site for course maps.

I had volunteered at GPC a couple times, and that was fun - so it was definitely fun and challenging to finally ride the course. This week was a recovery week from the marathon leading up to getting enough energy and strength in my legs to do the ride. I did almost 90 miles then had to bail because my legs were just dead. But I had a great ride! That was the longest I have ever cycled, and I didn't really train properly for this event. I only bike to work and a few short rides a month. It is doable if you have a little endurance and a lot of desire to tackle hill after hill.

My Garmin info >>

Comments

PunkRockRunner said…
Sounds like an amazing day. We rode the Wine Country Century on Saturday. Not nearly as much climbing but some serious heat and headwinds.

Great job.

All the best,

Ron
rob hawks said…
Glad you got to enjoy the ride from the other side of the food table! A bit drier for you this year, no?

rob
The Green Girl said…
I am very impressed that you were able to do 90 miles on bike during a recovery week. You are one tough cookie.
Jo Lynn said…
Wow, that's a lot of climbing and a long time in the saddle with little training. Good job! ;)
RenĂ© said…
Thanks! You all inspire me with your blogs, keep up the great work!

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training