Sunday Streets

Aug 16-22
S: B: 60 R:44.35

Sunday Streets

Had fun volunteering at Sunday Streets this weekend! The weather was perfect! Saw a lot of cool bikes and met a lot of friendly people, and added a few extra bike miles. We all got cool shirts and a delicious free lunch provided by Chairman Bao food truck.
Sunday Streets

I love this event by Livable City because I get to enjoy places I normally would not get to run or bike (Great Highway) and there is music, food, and good vibes. Runners, for this route, one lap from Stanyan to Sloat is 11.5 miles, but if you take the windmill route, it is 12.7, so if you did two laps it would be almost a marathon! Skateboarders, there is a sweet downhill from Traverse all the way down to the end of the park. I was cruising down on my bike and didn't have to pedal, which explains why it's tricky running back up this.

The other fun event this week was Sunset Run, which is a 5 mile social fun run for charity organized by Fleet Feet Sports. I managed to do all 3 this summer, so I know it's been a good summer for running. I met a few cool peeps here & I look forward to next year.

It's been a great week. Though I was 6 miles short of 50 miles running this week, I had a great 17 miler on Saturday. Did plenty of walking at the dog park with my bflf (best four legged friend). I was so exhausted yesterday couldn't keep my eyes open.

Happy running, biking and swimming, and whatever else you do!
surfs up

Comments

Jo Lynn said…
San Francisco is so active. Even though I live so close, I feel so far away sometimes. You are lucky to live there. ;)
The Green Girl said…
Sunday Streets sounded awesome. That's so cool that you get to run and bike places you normally couldn't.

And congratulations on completing all three of the Sunset Runs!
Myron said…
you're sooo lucky to live in san fran, like Jo Lynn said. love that city!

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training