Holiday Renewal



I love aromatherapy and am celebrate the holidays with some ORGANIC herbal spa treatment! There is nothing like coming back from a hard run, long bike ride or cold swim and jump into the bath. I made them as gifts this year and wanted to share the recipes. Enjoy!

Coconut Gardenia Body Butter - Coconut oil, Olive, Jojoba, Rosemary, Juniper Berry, Grapefruit, Cinnamon & Gardenia. Gently melt 1 cup coconut oil. Add 1/3 cup olive oil combined with jojoba oil (the base). Add a few drops of the other oils to your liking (10 drops of each and 20 drops of your dominant fragrance). As it cools will become solidified. Pour it into easy to access container.

DIY Sports Balm
- using the base above plus essential oils combo of ginger, cypress, cinnamon, & eucalyptus, peppermint, wintergreen, menthol, and/or camphor. If you don't like that mediciney smell leave out the menthol and camphor*.

*Just as some herbs can interfere with medications you are taking, some essential oils may interfere with homeopathic remedies so you have to research them.


Lemongrass Conditioning Hair Spritzer
- Nettle, Chamomile, Aloe Vera, Sweet Almond oil, Jojoba, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Lavender & Lemongrass. Make a pot of nettle and chamomile tea. Add the same quantity of aloe vera gel to the mix to double it. Add a TBSP sweet almond oil and jojoba or less, depending on how moisturizing you want it. Soy lecithin can also be added in the blender to thicken and add protein (Make sure it is organic non-GMO soy). Then add a few drops of the essential oils (10 drops of each and 20 drops of your dominant fragrance). This can be used as a leave-in moisturizing treatment or frizz control. I also use it for my dog's hot spots - it works GREAT!

Sparkling Bath Hearts - Made with epsom salts, essential oils of lavender or eucalyptus & natural food coloring. I added a little water to the mix and pressed into molds, then let it dry and set.

Coffee Sugar Scrub
- This is great after a hot bath to soothe dry skin and also wakes up the face: one cup freshly used coffee grinds, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 T jojoba oil, and a few drops of your favorite essence. My skin never felt so soft until I tried this. Olive oil and lavender also work well with this.

I use Eucalyptus alot this time of year and in training. It really wakes you up and clears the airways. Put a few drops on your wristband for running with congestion. Take a few sniffs every now and then as a pick me up to get you through the last couple of miles. It really works!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!



Homemade Aloe Vera Lotion


25 Essential Oils

Comments

fuzzbuzz said…
I love all the little bath goods you made me. The leave in conditioner smells great and leaves my hair shiny and soft. The body butter is SO softening and smells so good. I was going to ask you for the recipes and boom- there they are. Thanks sis! I am alos a big fan of Eucalyptus, Tea Tree and Spearmint around this time of year! :-)
Jo Lynn said…
I was wondering about a lip balm! I'm addicted to lip balm and would really like one like that stuff you made for me. I'm going to have to try to make some. Thanks for everything. ;)
René said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
René said…
The lip balm is a great idea! Just add beeswax.
The Green Girl said…
Thank you so much for the awesome treats! I've been using the body butter on my tense shoulders and it smells and feels so good.

The hair spritzer smells so refreshing - I love it!
TCB said…
I think these are fantastic and I love love love them! Ahhh, Renewal!

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training