Supermarket Street Sweep

This weekend's big event was the Supermarket Street Sweep to benefit the San Francisco Food Bank. Cyclists rode all over the city to buy food and haul it back to the food bank within an alloted time. There were prizes for speed and weight of cargo. It was a lot of fun. I'm glad it didn't rain that much! I posted more details onto the photos and daily mile recap.

Supermarket Street Sweep

Week 3 is going good. I feel pretty tired right about now! It's raining pretty hard so put off the run. The swim in the cold water was just what I needed.
Swimming in December
I started doing the speedwork this week and so backed off on the strength training a little. The one thing that always gets me about triathlon training is how to do a long bike ride and a long run in one weekend. I always have trouble doing both. I guess the secret is to go to bed at 6pm or something.

Tour de Cure

Comments

The Green Girl said…
That Supermarket Street Sweep looks awesome - I love that you are always involved in such positive things.
René said…
Thanks Green Girl! It's a way for me to train and simultaneously do my holiday giving :-)
Jo Lynn said…
I'm sure you're going to be busy but I'd sure like to get out on The Coastal Trail with you and Boomer again in January. ;)
René said…
That would be great!

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training