Week 14 & 15

Week 14: S2/B70/R13
A mandatory scaled back week. 6 workouts plus bike to work everyday. The weather has been cold and rainy, though not nearly as cold as most cities get during winter. My friend let me borrow a trainer and some aerobars:
Bike Trainer
It takes a bit of getting used to aerobar position. The longest ride so far is 2 hours.


Week 15: S/2/B85/R13
Turned out to be pretty scaled back also, with 8 workouts plus BTW everyday. Having to prepare taxes and side projects is affecting my training. I volunteered to help out with Water World Swim because it is my swim group and I love swimming with them. I feel it's important to pitch in where I can, plus it helps me to help other athletes. Though the temps have dipped, the open water feels great. I can't let a week go by without it!

Preparing for an early spring tri is kind of a challenge, because the weather is crap for cycling, plus it gets dark early. But I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing. If you think cycling indoors is boring, check out this guy who has cycled 10,000 miles in the last 3 months.

One month left until the triathlon. REALLY???!!!!


Cold Water Swimming Tips

Comments

naomi said…
I think its great that you volunteer with your group. I've only done that once; I need to do it more often.
fuzzbuzz said…
So excited about your tri!
René said…
It's great because it adds another level to the experience of doing something you love to do by sharing it with others.
René said…
and i still can't believe the tri is almost here!
The Green Girl said…
Whoo hoo! So exciting!

You are so ready for this, girl.

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training