Week 16 - PEAK WEEKS

S 2.34 / B 102 / R 4
Peak weeks are here! I didn't do much running but that's because I already did that in preparation for the half-marathon last month, am now in maintenance mode for running and focusing on peak bike mileage. I only have a certain amount of time & energy and have to prioritize. Going to throw in some more bricks this week, primarily the bike-run ones. I'm used to the swim-bike, and have done plenty of short bike-run but not long bike-run. I noticed after this weeks 4hr ride that my neck and lower back was a bit sore. I tried the aerobars outside also on the long ride and LOVED IT! Wow, what a relief it is on a long steady climb to be able to rest into that position!

Nutrition Critical:
I try to follow some basic rules and eat at least 3 fruits and 3 vegetables per day and only whole grains. This is easy for me because I love veggie tacos. I've discovered the chicken-less veggie strips at trader joes. Stir fry that with onions and choice of: kale, zucchini, carrots, peppers, cabbage, and a scoop of quinoa and/or whatever else I can find. Add fresh tomatoes and salsa and a little cheese. BOOM!


Do you see the hot steam rising off the freshness?

These are some of my supplements: yerba mate and green tea mix, maca root powder, flax seed oil and flax meal, fish oil, protein shakes, calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, C, D, evening primrose oil (for women), milk thistle, iron occasionally and cod liver oil occasionally. I keep nuts for snacking on, and trail mix is even better with dried fruits and granola. Gotta keep the energy up and drink lots of H2O!

Comments

fuzzbuzz said…
You are doing great and your veggie tacos sound delicious!
TCB said…
I am so hungry for those.....I can haz some????

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap