SFR Pt. Reyes Populaire 115k

S:1 B: 113.6

This was just a fun weekend!
SFR Pt Reyes Populaire 115k
Did nothing except work all week, then had an epic bike ride to Point Reyes with the SF Randonneurs on a beautiful day. It's been so long since I was able to take a long ride, and couldn't have asked for a better occasion. Also riding with a friend made it even better. Ernesto knows all about the nice long rides. It's really sad that I was last seen on this route in 2009 (same bike) while training for Cinderella, and didn't even get as far as SPT. I'm hoping I can sneak in a few more of these long rides this summer!

On Sunday before the swim, was helping WWS with swim support on the Golden Gate Triathlon. I've done the event a couple times so it was cool to be in the kayak's POV this time. They did great! The sun's glare made it difficult for them to see the buoys, and they swam against the flood current at times, but this is what makes open water swimming unique and challenging.

Now to begin another 8 week cycle of training for the Tri-California San Francisco Triathlon at Alcatraz. I'm using The Time-Crunched Triathlete training plan as a reference. Going to work on my 10k race pace. After this cycle, my plan is to focus on marathon running, and then get seasonal focusing on specifics.

Comments

The Green Girl said…
Wow, what a beautiful place to ride.

My coworkers were suggesting machine guns on my handlebars but I told them all that weight would slow me down. ::smiles::
fuzzbuzz said…
Lovely place! Lucky. Its in the triple digits here now and Ive found it increasingly hard to get out there and moving. Thanks for inspiration!
Sounds like an amazing day! My wetsuit is getting repaired but I'll see you back in the water soon!
Jo Lynn said…
It would be nice to go on a long ride with you. I'd love it, if I'm available.
I lost all my contacts in my phone. Text me yours when you get a second, please? ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training