Consistency

Run: 43.75 Swim: 2.6 Bike Commute: 40-50

It's been an amazing week of training. Couldn't ask for better weather this week! Spent a lot of time out on the bay witnessing the calmest, clearest, & warmest conditions ever! Here are some photos from earlier in the week as the full moon was setting and a radiant sun was rising:


The sun rise. How's that for consistency?

I can't think of a better place to be when the sun is rising in San Francisco! We also had a swim race under the Golden Gate Bridge, and a swim from Alcatraz. I made it in 45 minutes. After the Alcatraz swim I took a little dognap then did an evening 20 mile run. The first one in a long time! Only 18 days until Stinson Beach Marathon! The long runs are very important - I can feel the difference trying to run up hills after being on the feet for 18 miles at the end of the day. The knees feel a little sore. Good thing the recovery is quick. Ready for another week of training.

I let the intense track workouts go and just work on tempo and pace running as my mileage progresses. Instead of worrying about racking up mileage with all the short runs, concentrating on longer runs 12 miles or more. These longer runs are critical.
Also, I'm feeling a lot better emotionally as I've been able to work through the life changes with exercise, sweating out the tears. Being outdoors helps alot it has been so beautiful and boosts my spirits. Swimming in the bay is always awesome!

Comments

Jo Lynn said…
Exercise is the BEST therapy. I'm sorry you are sad and have tears though. :(
RenĂ© said…
It's part of life. Now I'm letting go and feeling joy again!

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training