2011 Recap

2011 Race Bling

EVENTS:
WWS Golden Gate Bridge to Aquatic Park Swim

KP Half Marathon*

SERC Pier 39 Birthday Swim

Ironman California Oceanside 70.3

SERC Run, Jump and Swim (12th place)

Sacramento International Triathlon* (Olympic)

Alcatraz crossings 2

SFR Point Reyes Populaire 115k (x 2)

San Francisco Triathlon at Alcatraz (Olympic)

Stinson Beach Marathon

DSE Embarcadero 10k* (3rd place, women)

Dallas White Rock Marathon* and Mayors Race 5k



volunteered at Water World Swim

*PR



MILEAGE 

Run: 846 miles

Bike: 3164 miles (1960 bike commute)

Swim: 90 miles

TOTAL: 4100 miles

It's been a great year in the Run Bike Swim department. I did a half-Iron, which I never thought I could do before, I'm feeling stronger on the bike, and my running pace is getting faster. Had lots of fun with Water World Swim events and all the tri-clinics we did for the ESCAPE. The highlight of the year though is when I ran the 5k in December with my sisters, their first race experience! Lots of fun memories to go with all these races. Thank you all for helping me get through the year!

I used to think that this was the only part of my life that goes well because I can control the outcome by training hard. But then, after all these years of applying myself, I had a powerful realization hit me that I had the power within myself to influence the outcomes of other parts of my life by applying the same diligence and commitment. I have a feeling 2012 is going to be awesome!

I hope to do some longer rides and keep pushing the pace. I discovered I love the track and want to try some shorter races. It would be great to do another long course triathlon we shall see...

Happy New Year!
It's 2012, if you haven't put an epic swim, marathon or triathlon on your bucket list, then now would be a good time!

Comments

fuzzbuzz said…
Running with the sisters was a huge highlight of my year too. Maybe I never told you how much I admire you and look up to you. How you inspire good things in me. You always make me look at my city with new eyes and I always look forward to reading your adventures in tackling the world through running, biking and swimming. Have an amazing New Year sis! Love, health and strong legs to you!
AH Mazing time at the Mayors Race with my sisters - the MOST exhilerating feeling in the world and then the Pho to top it off afterwards with my sisters - Was truly the highlight of my year and incentive and drive to do more!

You both have a very prosperous year!Its going to be a really wonderful one!

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap