DSE St. Patrick's Day 5k

DSE St. Patrick's Day 5k  This weekend I ran the DSE St. Patrick's Day 5k at Crissy Field. Though it wasn't St. Patrick's Day weekend, I'm suspecting it was moved up because the Emerald Across the Bay 12k is going to be on the same course next weekend. I had a lot of fun on this one! It's one of my favorite courses along scenic Crissy Field to Fort Point.  There were lots of runners so I had to really work to get ahead. I had already warmed up so my strategy was to set the pace from the beginning, and keep it under 7 minutes per mile. Though I'm still new at running fast,  I managed to PR and get 4th place women in 21:09. The winners finished in 16 minutes for the men and 18 minutes for the women, but they had already left. The course record is 15 minutes.

My goal for the 5k is to break 20 minutes, so I still have some work to do. Some longer 800 and 1600 repeats and tempo runs are going to help, as well as some breath work. The race is very well organized, and you pretty much know if you placed as soon as you cross the finish line. They provide great refreshments also, and entry fee is only $3 - $5 so it's a deal!

Comments

fuzzbuzz said…
sounds fun! and what an entry fee! :)
René said…
It's all about the green shoelaces
I was indoors working on a wallet. They got more races to join here so I may do some - so proud of you.

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training