Week 6 - Zombie Runner SF Run Half-Marathon & Scott Jurek Fun Run

Week 6: 30 miles

I can't believe there are only 6 weeks left until the SF Marathon! Training is going well. I'm 175 miles into my training and a little over 200 more to go! I have been putting races on my calendar to stay challenged and focused. It's fun and adds variety to the schedule. This weekend was the Zombie Runner SF Run Half-Marathon.
  Zombie Runner SF Run Half-Marathon

Zombie Runner SF Run Half-MarathonThis is one of the most scenic courses in San Francisco. It starts at Crissy Field with a magnificent view of the Golden Gate Bridge, up onto the Coastal Trail along the Presidio, Baker Beach, Lands End, all the way to Sutro Baths and back. It was a warm morning so when you're running, that means you're baking. I cut back on the mileage this week so I could push the pace on this one. Practicing the progression run after the long run seems to help with the final sprint to the finish. The long run is done at 10% slower than your marathon pace. Take the last 30 minutes of the long run and divide it into 10 minute increments. Increase the speed by 10-20 seconds each time until you reach the end. More about progression runs >


Earlier in the week had a fun run with Ultrarunner Scott Jurek who is on tour for his book Eat and Run. How is that for motivation!
Fun Run with Scott Jurek

Spicy Mesclun

Trying to eat clean and keep the energy going. I harvested some tasty homegrown hydroponic lettuce and it was good!



I'm running to raise funds for Back on My Feet. Please join our team or donate and show your support for a great program! Check out their blog and read about the recent accomplishments of the residential and non-residential members.

Once you've made an investment in your health with time and sweat and start feeling good, there's no going back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training