Strength Training

This week was IronStrength week. This challenging whole body workout takes about an hour and will make you sore the next day!



IronStrength workout

  • 2 minute WU (jumping jacks, jump rope, lunges)
  • Plyometric Jump Squats - 6-8 sets of 15 with 20 sec rest
  • Superset of Plank Rows, Pushups, Situps ( All Supersets are 15 reps ea then repeat, 5 minutes)
  • Superset of Lunges, Toe Touches (15 reps ea, 5 minutes)
  • Superset of Mountain Climbers, Legs Up and Down (15 reps ea, 5 minutes)
  • Superset of Deadlift High Pulls, One legged Overhead Push Press, One legged Bicep Curl (15 reps ea, 5 minutes)
  • Burpees - 3 sets of 10, work up to descending ladder from 10, 9, 8... w 20 sec rest
  • Planks - 1 minute dolphin planks each side and center
  • Stretch - Seated hamstring, spread leg, back twist, modified pigeon, yoga lunge, standing side stretch


Burpees are evil, aren't they? I'm hoping this will prepare me for the next round of marathon training. This month will focus on base mileage, hills, strength & cross-training. Then the marathon training begins.

The next target is the California International Marathon. I think I can barely qualify for Boston with it. I'm checking out their training programs and going with the Intermediate one. I use the McMillan Running Calculator, it's pretty accurate. The tempo days are 10k pace and track workouts are long intervals at marathon pace. Long run days are slightly less than MP with progression runs. It only has one longest run at 20, but that's fine because last time I went over 20 twice and felt kind of burnt out by the time it was time to taper.

What's been working for me is to stay focused and in the moment. Don't worry or preoccupy on little things, esp. that are beyond my control. Life is short.

Comments

fuzzbuzz said…
wonderful sis, i need to jumpstart my fitness regime again!
This kicks your butt - your sore for more than day after you did not mention .......I need to work on my cardio

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap