CIM Training Week 3

Running
Another great week of steady training and building mileage on the track, hills and trails!

Sawyer Camp Trail I'm trying to mix it up and run on different terrain, so I biked to Cal Train and did my long run on Sawyer Camp Trail. It was really hot but there are lots of shaded areas and little scenic rest stops along the way.  This was perfect for a 12 miler, as the trail is 6 miles long. There are plenty of restrooms but the water stop is at the end of the trail on the north end, so plan to bring water and and a refillable container.  I brought my Ultimate Direction marathon belt/bottle which holds 24 oz of water with homemade gel, and 2 bottles of water on the bike which worked out fine. Pre-workout snack of PBJ sandwich on the train. It is a short 5 mile bike ride from the train station, and there are lots of places to eat on 4th street. On the Long Slow Distance, I just let my pace be what it is and enjoy the scenery. Later on in training I will worry about Goal Marathon Pace. It was a little chilly on the ride home as the sun went down. I guess I should have left a long sleeve t-shirt on my bike or something.

Weekly Run Mileage: 35 miles


Sunday was another fun day in the bay!
Touch and Go
Volunteering for the 6th Annual Water World Swim Alcatraz Touch n Go. This was a round-trip Alcatraz swim. Though foggy, otherwise great conditions! We used a big day-glo orange buoy off the side of the boat to pilot the swimmers to the turnaround location near the island. Everyone did great! The winner reached shore in just under an hour!



Time to enjoy the rest.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap