Weekend on the Bay - CIM Training Week 1

SF BayHad a great weekend on the SF Bay volunteering for swim events! The weather on both days was excellent and the Ghirardelli Chocolate Festival was also going on, need I say more. On Saturday, The SERC Alcatraz Invitational with 861 finishers to swim from Alcatraz. It was a very well organized event, the winner Peter Kline in 29:40. I helped with the bag check. On Sunday a beautiful Water World Swim Golden Gate Bridge Swim with 18 Swimmers. The conditions were so good that the WWS GGB record was broken by teen Hunter Wright in 22:32. I helped with the timing. There were only 3 women  participants so they all got awards! Their times were amazing. We then had our regular Sunday Swim and I got to kayak. There are lots of new wave swimmers in our group that are learning at a young age to become great swimmers. I didn't realize that the first week of my marathon training had already started, so I tried to squeeze some miles in on both days. It's 30 plus weeks from here on out!

Weekly total: 23 miles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training