Golden Gate Headlands Half Marathon


Golden Gate Headlands Half-Marathon 
Ran Golden Gate Headlands Half-Marathon

This is race #4 in the Thirteen 13.1 in 2013 Challenge. I love the trails here. The hills are very challenging and steep in some areas as you can see in the photo above. Before the race I chatted with Peter of Special Medical Aid and said hello to George Rehmet. I met some other runners as were were huddling against the surf showers trying to stay warm. After the start, I hear "Go Rene!" I looked back and saw that it was George! It was foggy and drizzling so we couldn't see much of the view after climbing for a mile and a half on the first hill. There are some more details in the elevation profile that can be seen from the Garmin map. I love running out here, so peaceful! The second hill was all about finding a good uphill pace zone and stay there. Love the downhills and tried not to slip on wet rocks. The second downhill seemed like it lasted forever. After an hour and a half, I tend to lose focus, so made a concious effort to stay sharp. This is a nice section of trail and I especially  like the trail on the other side of the lagoon before the beach. It was so nice to finish and hop on the bike. The legs felt great spinning on the bike afterward. My time was 2:20, 6th AG. Looking forward to the next one.

Golden Gate Headlands Half-Marathon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap