Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot

Turkey TrotThis year, I had the opportunity to run the Dallas YMCA Turkey Trot with my sisters (Ok, I signed them up and they agreed!) I'm sure they hated me at 5am on Thanksgiving morning, but we had a blast! There were so many great costumes! One family dressed up like Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings. It took me a long time to figure out the mashed potatoes costume, which is odd because that is my favorite dish at Thanksgiving. Lots of dogs! Granted, we mostly walked, I think we burned more calories just trying to stay warm. I was a little bummed because the 5k didn't get the organic bananas that the 8 milers seemed to be getting, but we planned ahead and brought our own post-race treats. Just a light snack before the feast. Instead of green bean casserole, I made some kale and low-glycemic gluten-free desserts so my sister could partake. I'm thankful I was able to do this with my family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap