DSE Fort Mason 5k

DSE Fort Mason 5k First race of 2014 is the DSE Fort Mason 5k! The race starts and finishes in one of my favorite parks: Aquatic Park. This was a speedwork training run for the KP 5k and has a nice hill in it. I wanted to get as close to 7 minute mile pace as possible, and was just running with a stopwatch. At the turnaround, I clocked in at 11 minutes and tried to maintain that and see if I could smash it. I almost hit the wall at the last 100 meters like what happened a couple weeks ago in training, but it wasn't so bad this time. Finished in 21:59 and 3rd place women. A few more speed runs and I think I can PR. Pre-race fuel was a few homemade date pecan maple energy bites and plantain chips with my usual yerba mate / green tea with honey.


date pecan maple eneegy bites
Date Pecan Maple Energy Bites



1 c dates
1/2 c pecans
1/2 c coconut flakes
1/4 c flaxseeds
1/4 c maple syrup
dash of salt

Put all in food processor, roll into bite-sized balls, eat.

Makes about 13 bites

per bite:
Calories: 101
Protein: 1
Carbs: 14
Fat: 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap