Bicycle Tour the Steeps of SF

I'm glad this appeared in my Google alerts, as it can be difficult to scan all the events pages to see what rides are happening. SFBC member-volunteer Sindy Cho put together a fun Steeps of SF Ride! Mike and I were looking for something fun and social, and this fit the bill.



I had done one of these a long time ago on different hills and on my mountain bike. My mountain bike was stolen, so I thought my road bike might work. I soon realized that my road bike was not well-suited to super steep hill climbing because of the inability to do sharp turns on the switchbacks. There is not much space between the wheel and pedal. I borrowed another rider bike for some of the climbs and found it to be perfect. Louis had a Trek that had the perfect geometry:


The route took us to the City College area. I kind of tagged along for the ride and did what I could and got some footage. We made a nice pit stop at the Alemany Farmers' Market for fresh organic fruit snacks

Well, at least I made it partway up the hill before putting a foot down!

Awesome views!






The Steep Riders! Photo by SFBC Events Planner Bonnie Walton
In the video you will see my friend Mike championing the hills. This year he has started biking to work on a regular basis and leaving his car at home. He realized it would save him money and stress, and now he bikes at least 50 miles a week and is in really great shape!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap