Tri-Training Mode

After a month of doing the TRX Force Strength Training Program, It's time to start my 8 weeks of structured tri-training for Marin Tri! I am over the cookie-cutter training programs so what I do is take a little bit of everything I think I need and combine it into a custom program in my own spreadsheet, which looks like this:


-->
RUN + TRX SWIM + SPINRUN + TRXSWIM + RUNSPIN + RUN

These weekday sessions are 1 - 1 1/2 hrs then the weekend has an open water swim, bike and run also, little bit longer, and some RESTING. I dropped back down to 2 strength sessions and I am integrating Sara McLarty's triathlon swim workouts and Hal Higdon's 10k training into my custom program. Combining the running with strength training is a challenge, but I found that doing a short run before is easier. Running off the bike is even more of a challenge but something I have to prepare for. I got the New Balance Fresh Foam to add variety to my run:


For cycling strength I'm adding some spinning, and there are some great spin classes at my gym Fitness SF. I found a nice water bottle from Addverb that  I can write my swim workout on:


Got a dose of inspiration recently at a triathlon seminar at Sports Basement with Matt Dixon and amazing athletes. Check out the book The Well-Built Triathlete:


I have this on my bookshelf with the Time-Crunched Triathlete, both by Velo Press. I realized to do all this I need to make sure I'm at least horizontal somewhere by 9pm, and eat my broccoli!


I'm raising funds for the Sustainable Sports Foundation to help local youth learn to swim!
Click  here to donate!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap