Raw Beet Muffins with Greek Yogurt Honey Coconut Frosting



I save my pulp from juicing and use it in recipes. Here's a great one for the beets from my organic Farm Fresh to You CSA box based on red velvet, however these are not velvety. They are dense little healthy muffins high in fiber. I had a little bit of carrot mixed in too. Mmmm. The beets are RAW, so for a sweeter flavor you may want to steam them.

Raw Beet Muffins
2 cups oat flour (grind oats in coffee grinder)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 c ground flax seeds
3 T natural cocoa powder
3/4 c brown sugar or date pulp
1/4 c coconut oil
1 1/2 c beet pulp left over from juicing
2 cups of liquid (beet juice, fruit juice, nut milk, milk...)

Mix ingredients, spoon into muffin tin and bake at 350 F for about 30 min.

Greek Yogurt, Honey Coconut Frosting
Yep, all the ingredients are in the title. I used 1 cup Straus Greek Yogurt, 1/2 cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut and honey to taste. Zing in the food processor. I used my Little Green Pouch to apply the frosting. The Greek Yogurt gives it a nice tang.

For the curious, here is a quick calorie and nutrition breakdown on the beet muffin with yogurt frosting from FitDay:

Got Manganese?

Comments

Yolanda said…
These look amazing and right up my alley!!! Do you happen to use myfitnesspal?
RenĂ© said…
Yes, I sometimes use it for spot logging.

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training