Heart Rate Training

I think after all these years I'm finally starting to get Heart Rate Training. I've been running by feeling this year and worked on trying to improve my cadence and finally got a PR on my 5k. Recently I came across something really interesting. In researching what is the best HR to train at I came across this Runners Connect video interview with Dr. Phil Maffetone. Using his method, I determined that my target training heart rate should be 140.

I want you to try this:

Use his formula and determine your number.

Now go look at your latest 5k PR that you actually trained and felt ready for, not one that you did just on a whim.

Check out your Average HR number on that race.

Wild!

For me the number was exactly the same.

Check out:
http://philmaffetone.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap