Countdown to Marin Tri - Just a week away!

November in San Francisco
Just a week a way from the Marin County Tri! I'm feeling ready! Here is what I did last week:

MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
HIIT & PLYO - RUNRUNHIIT & PLYO / SWIMSPIN / RUNRESTSWIM / BIKEEVENT / REST

Solid HIIT and Plyo sessions, trail run and some good brick workouts. The HIIT sessions are almost an hour and include some short sprints. In the spin sessions, we often do tabatas. All workouts are 1 hr to 1 1/2 hrs, maybe a little longer on the weekends. I got my bike back from bike shop at Mojo Bicycle Cafe and they did a great job tuning up my bike! It feels much safer and cleaner. The old shifters on the 6 year old Giant Avail 3 were problematic so they were upgraded. On Saturday rode the ESCAPE route after a 1 mile swim along the buoy line. I like the buoy line for training because passing the buoys is great motivation to keep a good pace going.


Did not go out for Halloween because on Sunday I got up early and helped with a fun swim event. Rested the rest of the day. This week is taper week, so no weight training. I will probably do a few more open water swims to get acclimated and practice tearing off my wetsuit. My weight maintenance went well. It fluctuates but is still under 130. Now I do carb days on the weekends, which means: eating normally and do not worry about it but try to eat more carbs and less fats. Monday through Friday is HFLC. This has helped me to stick with it, maintain weight and it is really easy. I tried "carb back loading" to test my upper carb limit but I noticed I was gaining weight with that and not muscle. Going back down to 50 grams of carbs per day from vegetables and little portions of fruit. 75g is the max. The timing is critical. I realized instead of wrapping foods in a low-carb tortilla that doesn't taste that great, the romaine lettuce actually tastes a lot better! Still eating meat for now after all the cancer scare reports. I consider myself in a low-risk category. I may eat less bacon and go back to high protein low-carb tofu because I am still a fan of organic non-gmo soy. Finding the right workout routine and nutritious diet and sticking with it all these months has helped me stay healthy and fit. Though I'm getting older, my metabolic age is in the 20s and I can get outside and do things I enjoy.

How Soy Can Kill You or Save Your Life
http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/08/06/how-soy-can-kill-you-and-save-your-life/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training