Letting Go to Get More

This month was my birthday month and I am letting go of unnecessary baggage and things that weigh down my mental space. Letting go of attachments to material things and taking another look at where I spend my time, money and energy. I appreciate the path I have taken and things I've learned along the way. Some objects I hold on to for a temporary time then outgrow them and no longer "need" them. For example, I had a bunch of old marathon, half-marathon and tri finisher medals just sitting in a box. Each one represents a long block of my time, money and energy spent focusing and training for a challenging event and I felt really good about earning them. It kept me in good fitness and health. I no longer need them but I wanted share that inspiration so I donated them to Medals 4 Mettle,  a charity that awards medals to children and adults fighting debilitating illnesses.

I also donated my old Garmin to my sister who is doing chemo for her health issues. I feel pretty lucky to have my health, even though I've been working at it on a daily basis for years. I sometimes take it for granted and it's important to remember those just starting out on a fitness/wellness program or going through hard times. It makes me thankful for what I have, and letting these things go to a better place makes me very happy!
My sisters and I doing a Turkey Trot in 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training