Marin County Triathlon 2016

Had fun at the Marin County Triathlon Sprint this weekend! This was the first time I did the sprint. I usually do the Olympic distance. It went by so fast! Got 2nd AG and 21st Female.
Finish time: 1:11:05
Swim: 11:54
T1: 2:03
Bike: 30:47
T2: 2:01
Run: 24:20


What a beautiful morning! The sunrise over the calm water was so beautiful, reflecting the colors of the sky like a giant mirror. It was warm, so I wore the shortie suit that I made by cutting the legs off an old sleeveless wetsuit. I could have gone without it, but I needed the speed boost. I found a manageable pace and held on. I hadn't swum much this year, mostly SUPping, so my pace was slower than last year.





The bike was great! I love this rolling, scenic course. I did much better than last year and PR'd all my segments. For fuel, I had a gel flask with a half scoop of Generation UCAN chocolate protein. I had a few more carbs the day before after getting fat adapted again. I had gained weight after trying the Zone so I went back to HFLC and lost 8 lbs to get closer to race weight. This type of diet with Carb Cycling works best for me.



The run was strong. I think the strength training and the little bit of speed work I put in this year paid off in the bike and run. Combined with attention to eating right with lots of greens, I felt much lighter. Lately, my attitude toward health and fitness is all about lifestyle. I know I can't skip it. For racing, I'm mainly focused on shorter distances with power and speed goals.



I saved a little time in my transition possibly because the shortie suit was much easier to take off. I could have saved more time if I hadn't taken the time to put on a funny T-shirt, but I had to use the power of the "Training for the Zombie Apocalypse" mantra to race faster. Good to see my Water World Swim peeps out there, some of them doing their first tri! Such a fun event!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training