September Recap

This was a busy month with several swim events that I helped with: Alcatraz Swim with the Centurions, Island to Island and the Golden Gate Bridge. I also volunteered with the SF Randonneurs post-ride picnic. We made about 200 tacos for two different rides on one of the hottest days of the year! The weather has been fan-tas-tic! I've been doing a little training here and there to get ready for my tri. I added some HIIT in the mornings and incorporated some bike sprints into my commute. My goal is just to stay fit and have fun!

After all this, I decided it was time for a little weekend getaway to the lake to rest and rejuvenate. We went to Spanish Flat at Lake Berryessa. I thought there would be a ton of speed boats but it was actually quiet and peaceful with just a few fishing boats. There are places to rent boats for water sports if you desire. Lake Berryessa is a manmade lake formed by the Monticello Dam. The water level is around 399 ft, 53% capacity right now. It has a nice area for swimming and the water temp is like bathwater! You can feel the surface water is a little warmer than in the cooler depths. There is a triathlon that happens here called Napa HITS. I had the best time with friends and our dogs, swimming and paddling and eating lots of good food. The water was calm and perfect for paddling! My dog hopped on the paddleboard with me for a bit. I saw deer, lots of birds, hawks, and big fish jumping out of the water. At night, you can hear coyotes howling. I could spend a whole week here!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap