December Recap

December was a busy month, basically prepping for the new year. This time of year there are less events and training slows down, so I use this time to nestle in and do some home improvements. My main thing is minimalism and time management, so I try to organize my life and living space around all these different activities: work, cook, eat, sleep, dog, run, swim, bike, SUP, camp, art, journal, host. I did Twelve Days of Decluttering with Bella Organizing where we cleaned and organized a different section of our mess each day. This was very helpful because I cleared out some more stuff and did some deep cleaning and inventory. I found that by focusing on this project for a series of days, I started to get clever ideas and dreamt about closet hacks. I feel like I have a lot more space in my closet and now won't be scrambling around for everything when I need something, because it is all in one area and I know exactly where things are. Here are some photos.

My dog helping me recycle

It was a nice mellow Holiday Season and got a chance to rest. I baked some cookies and bread to share and spent some quality time with puppers running on the trails. We made our Christmas wreath from the Presidio.

Ecology Trail

First frost

Another thing I tried was getting up extra early and running with Back on My Feet. That was a great experience and I look forward to more runs with them. Group training helps keep everyone motivated.

Running with BOMSF

SF City Hall
The bike commute this time of year is great, not that many cars. I was gifted a Lumos helmet and bright front light, which not only makes me feel safer, but I actually look forward to commuting at night now! I have received compliments from drivers on my new helmet.



To cap the month off, went swimming in the Bay to celebrate Coach Jake's birthday! It was so cold, I could only last 10 minutes without a wetsuit!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training