KP SF Half-Marathon

4" Coaster Medal
This weekend, we had the KP SF Half-Marathon presented by Pamakid Runners. I had a good time at this race because I took a laid back approach and ran with friends. My goal was to go easy since I wasn't really prepared for a long run. My longest run this year was 8 1/2 miles. I ran to the starting line but later regretted it because the last 3 miles I had to take a lot of walk breaks. I managed to finish in 2:16:03. I've always liked this race because of the local feeling and they made improvements this year. I was sad to see the old race director go but they kept the race going with a new director. They separated the 5k race from the half-marathon race (yay!). There were plenty of aid stations and they also provided electrolytes. The t-shirt this year is super soft and comfortable. Early registrants got a special gift, some cool lock laces in the color of your choice. It was extremely touching that they acknowledged the participants from foreign countries and made them feel welcome. I like this race because it raises money for local charities; Koret Family House, Meals on Wheels, The Harbor Light Center for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse, and Support for Families of Children with Disabilities.
We really lucked out with the weather. You can't beat running in Golden Gate Park! May The Course Be With You!


Literally RAN into some friends!

May The Course Be With You!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

November Recap

Spring Training