9 Week Countdown

Countdown to #USATAGNC ! Here's how week 9 training went. I went from zero to 15.5 miles on my running. I got 4 runs in, an interval bike session, 2 swims and a little strength. Pain is gone! I lost 5 lbs from going HFLC / sugar-free and feeling a lot stronger. I was getting worried for a second, but it went away just in time for tri-training. I have an 8 week program and my aerobic base got a little messed up by the injury, but I'm getting  up there quick. It was difficult to add in the second bike session but that's because I just started running again and I am getting 50 miles on my commute, plus some miles towing my sup on my bike uphill. Our Back on My Feet running group is growing with a lot of new members and volunteers, and they are getting ready for the SF Marathon!
For my swim, I devised some simple open water swim workouts (below) so I will be training 100% open water. They changed the schedule at my pool and I was a little frustrated at first but this works out much better. It is summer and we had a heat wave this weekend. It was 88°F and the water temps at Aquatic Park were up to 63°F in the afternoon!

RUN or RESTTR BIKERUN AM / StrengthSWIMRUN AM / StrengthLSD RUN or BikeSUP / SWIM

Outlook = good


Swim / SUP with Water World Swim

Bike commuting etc.

Running to the beach

Running in the city of SF celebraing Summer of Love 50th Anniversary

Running on Trails

Bike Interval Session with Trainer Road

Open Water Swim Workouts:
The buoy line at A.P. is about 200-250 meters. I'm not going to worry too much about numbers but concentrate on just doing it. Keep it simple!
  • 1 length easy warmup
  • 1 length drills (single arm, side kicks, sharkfin, tarzan, closed fists)
  • 1 lap speed or tempo (buoy intervals, with 10 sec rest, 10 strokes fast/10 ez, 4 min. tabatas, Finis Tempo Trainer, ladder progressions)
  • 1 lap endurance
  • Cool down back to the beach
Throw some vertical kicks in there. I am going to feel free to wear my shortie if I need it, and I also have gloves, fins, and kickboard to play with. Do whatever you need to do to get in the water. Don't place restrictions on yourself. Just get in there. This makes the buoy line way more interesting!

Back on My Feet is growing! I run with Team SOMA. Running volunteers help transform lives one mile at a time! Check out  my fundracing page ,or become a fundracer or visit the BoMF Facebook page for updates!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap