Week 8 - Disco Naps

Run: 13
Bike: 60 commute + 12 miles on my new bike!
Swim: 0 (had to go to last PT on swim day and arms too sore from paddling this weekend!)

Fast bike!

Trusty Road Commuter

WWS Monthly Alcatraz

Disco nap before heading back out again

Evening run

Evening run with puppers
I finally broke down and invested in a good deal on a tri bike. Luckily I know someone very knowledgeable about building bikes and customizing it for the rider. It's an older Cervélo but is perfect for me. It is really fun to ride and the kind of bike you dream about riding as if it were a new toy. The wind picks up in the afternoon here and normally I don't enjoy biking out in the wind but on this bike, it's not an issue. I managed to get some PRs that I hope to break. I had been teetering on the fence about investing in triathlon gear but now that I have this bike, it's motivating me to do more races. I guess you could call it a gamechanger.

Normally, stand up paddleboarding doesn't take it out of me but this weekend it was so windy that it was a battle to get anywhere. I'm experimenting with different positions to keep a low profile. Getting a hybrid (kayak/sup) paddle might be a good idea. Plus towing the trailer uphill was a full body workout. I'll consider that my strength training! Instead of feeling discouraged about not being able to do back to back workouts, I went home, ate and recharged my batteries with a good nap (90 minutes - 2 hours) then I'll have some yerba mate and green tea and am good to go for a cardio session. By then the fog has usually cleared out and the sun is shining. These long summer days are perfect for this, as it was still light out when I got home. I can head out as late as 5 o'clock and that is still plenty of time. It's like getting 2 days in one. The best part is I lost weight this weekend with all the double-duty. I've been staying on point with my diet and almost down to my weight from my last triathlon. Ironically, when I reach a plateau, I just add a few more carbs like sweet potato with dinner and the weight drops more. Let's see what next week brings.


Please support Back on My Feet members running the SF Marathon!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Recap

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training