Week 3 - Moving Closer

Last week was a fall back week, with 2 swims, 2 focused bike training rides with 1 mile brick runs afterward, 2 runs and a big 6 mile / 3 hours paddling in the bay! I also did a little ride on my tri bike to test out the aero bars at Crissy Field on the way to Sports Basement. I finally got some new cycling shoes! Getting a few more little things I need ready for race day. I try to throw in a few minutes of training on my bike commute everyday.

Sunday Best
Intervals and sweet spot training with Trainer Road app. 

Testing out the aero position and hydration on new bike
SUPatraz



6 miles of SUP on the bay supporting Water World swimmers was a full body workout! My arms were still sore from masters swimming. I tried several different positions on the board, including my seated setup. It was a little choppy at times when the wind was gusting. Nothing gets you to be in the moment like balancing atop your board in the water! We had a large group of swimmers and took care of the back section. Some swimmers couldn't catch their breath or keep up and they had to be repositioned. Once they got picked up, I had to go and catch up to the other swimmers in the back. It was a very exciting swim and great to see people crossing it for the first time. The ebb has been very strong.

I was pretty sore after this for the whole weekend, I must admit. I didn't really get another long bike ride as planned, but a 3 hour paddle was beneficial for my body because I feel it has some therapeutic benefits for my back. It feels a lot less sore each time I do these, and great for mental toughness training.

12 more days until USATGNC !

I am completely self-funded for my race. Help me raise funds for Back on My Feet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training

November Recap