Week 6 - Summer of Love Yoga Celebration

This week's training: Almost 7 hours!
4th of July Bike/Run brick workout
2 group runs with Back on My Feet Team SoMa
Morning Ride through Presidio
Open Water Swim with Pedro
Stand Up Paddling
Summer of Love Iyengar Yoga Celebration with Theresa Marks at IYISF
Lots of walks in the park with the dog!

Biking

Swimming
This weekend, I felt I needed to rest and stretch, so I opted for an Iyengar yoga workout. It was a great way to check-in with my past injury and notice how much better my back and hip feels. Hardly any pain. For months I felt like the pain would never go away. My doctor said I am at risk of injury again so that is always in the back of my mind. I don't want to mess it up before the tri. I really like this yoga, it feels really supportive with the use of props. Even though I'm physically active, I am not always in tune with what my body needs. It's hard to stop and rest as I feel I always need to keep on going and do more. Coming back from injury I feel I need to double down, which may not be smart. After yoga I feel a little more connected and tuned in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Recap

Chico Wildflower Century

Spring Training